Refugee Rights Association (RRA) is interested to hire a motivated individual for the Project Coordinator position under the Better Together Project funded by the European Union.
Refugee Rights Association (RRA) was established in 2009 to work against the shortcomings and violations regarding the right to asylum in the northern part of Cyprus and to provide legal and social support for refugees. Over time we extended our activities to include efforts to combat human trafficking and racism.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake regulary monitoring and evaluation of the overall actions and the project activities;
- Manage the project’s human and financial resources;
- Supervise project staff;
- Becomes the contact person between the contracting Authority (EC) and the other donors and prepares the required reports (narrative and financial) including interim and final reports in a timely manner;
- Ensures that the project’s budget is used accordance with the set targets and rules;
- Provides reports to the Project Steering Committee and RRA Executive Committee in various stages of the action;
- Supervises the communication plan and ensures the actions are in line with the EU visibility guidelines;
- Coordinates the implementation of the project activities according to the action plan;
- Ensures that all external written communication meets quality standards and maintains consistent messaging;
- Ensure that effective methods are employed in data keeping;
- Facilitates decision-making processes for the project in a timely manner;
- Supports information dissemination and outreach activities and advocate for the project among key stakeholders;
- Supports the delivery of quality project outputs through the preparation of quarterly work plans.
- Represent the project team and the association in local and international platforms
Academic Qualifications Required
University degree in Social Sciences, Law, Political Science or another related field.
Relevant Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in EU funded project implementation in civil society for at least 2 years.
- Experience in financial reporting for at least 2 years.
- At least 3 years of volunteer or professional experience in civil society.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural and multi-national context.
- Previous experience on refugee rights, combating human trafficking or racism will be considered an asset.
Skills and Competencies required
- Excellent command of Turkish and English language;
- Excellent writing and drafting skills;
- Ability to prioritize and organize work independently;
- Stakeholder management;
- Ability to travel across the green line in Cyprus.
- Communication, inter-personal and team work skills;
- Good computer skills.
Applications must include a CV and cover letter in English language.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 3 December 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.