Vacancy Announcement – Refugee Rights Association – Project Assistant & Communication Officer (part-time)
Refugee Rights Association (RRA) is interested to hire a motivated individual for the "Project Assistant & Communication Officer" position under a new project concerning anti-trafficking on both sides of the divide in Cyprus. The project shall be implemented in partnership with Step Up Stop Slavery.
Refugee Rights Association (RRA) was established in 2009 to work against the shortcomings and violations regarding the right to asylum in the northern part of Cyprus and to provide legal and social support for refugees. Over time we extended our activities to include efforts to combat human trafficking and racism.
- Develop the communication strategy of the project;
- Planning, implementing and reporting activities and events within the framework of the communication strategy;
- Creating and implementing awareness raising campaigns and social media campaigns as provided in the project;
- Preparing audio-visual materials, electronic and printed publications in accordance with the visibility rules;
- Assisting the organization and facilitation of the project activities;
- Assisting the project coordinator in managing human and financial resources;
- Assisting the project coordinator in financial and narrative reporting duties;
- Ensuring synergy with the communication activities implemented by RRA on various partnerships and projects.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Communication, or another related field
- Experience in EU funded project implementation in civil society for at least 1 year.
- Experience as communication officer for at least 1 year.
- Having basic knowledge in graphic design applications (Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator) will be considered as an asset.
- Experience in financial reporting will be considered as an asset.
- Previous experience on refugee rights, combating human trafficking or racism will be considered as an asset.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Excellent command of Turkish and English language;
- Excellent writing and drafting skills;
- Ability to prioritize and organize work independently;
- Stakeholder management;
- Ability to travel across the green line in Cyprus.
- Communication, inter-personal and team work skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national context;
- Good computer skills.